In This Issue
Protect Your Personal Information
Changes to Your Form W-4
Qualifying for the Home Office Deduction
Business Income Deduction for Rental Property
Quick Links

December 10
* If you received $20 or more in tips during November, report them to your employer. You can use Form 4070.

December 16
* Corporations - Deposit the fourth installment of estimated income tax for 2019. 
* Employers - Social Security, Medicare, and withheld income tax. 
* Employers - Nonpayroll withholding. 

Holiday closures
* Please note that our office will be closed on December 25 and January 1 to allow staff to enjoy the holidays.

December 2019

Jingle bells, scammer tales, refunds are the best...
Before the holidays set in, take a look at a few spirit-brightening tips. 
Protect Your Personal Information

We tend to fear the unknown. Scammers prey on this fact. Our best defense? Knowledge - nothing complicated or fancy. Just follow some basic rules of thumb. > It's this simple
Personal data security
Changes to Your Form W-4

Bill or a refund? A good reason to review your paycheck stub is to check your withholding. W-4 forms have been redesigned to facilitate changes, so now is a good time to consider whether or not changes are in order. > More info
Qualifying for the Home Office Deduction

This deduction can have a significant impact on your tax bill. However, it's important to make sure you qualify before claiming it. Two primary factors figure in the auditing process: Dedicated space and regular, exclusive use.  > Understand the terms
Home office
Business Income Deduction for Rental Property

Do you spend an average of five hours every week managing or maintaining your rental property? The Qualified Business Income (QBI) deduction reduces tax owed on rental income. But make sure you meet the requirements! > The basics
Need help with taxes or adjusting your W-4? Call our office at 505-984-0646  to schedule an appointment.