Volume 211 | Feb. 15 - 18, 2021
MoVal Launches Coronavirus Vaccination Resources Webpage
In an effort to make it a little easier to figure out where, when and how you can get a coronavirus vaccination, the City of Moreno Valley has created a Vaccination Resources webpage. It includes vaccination locations here in Moreno Valley, along with those close by (i.e., Riverside, Perris), when they're open, whom they're vaccinating right now, and contact information to check availability and to make appointments.
Get Tested to Help Isolate the Virus,
and Help Move Riverside County into
Less-Restrictive Red Tier
In addition to masking, distancing, washing, limiting outings, and getting vaccinated, Riverside County residents need to provide the state with an accurate ongoing picture of the county's rate of coronavirus infection, so state health officials can determine when we can safely reopen more businesses and activities with appropriate health precautions. That means testing. In coordination with Riverside County Public Health, the Moreno Valley Conference & Recreation Center is hosting coronavirus testing provided by Curative in the parking lot at the main entrance. This is a walk-up testing site; participants will exit their vehicles. Testing is available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Participants must register online at Curative.com. Testing also remains available at Cottonwood Golf Center; appointments can be made at https://gettested.ruhealth.org/.
Become a Better Job Candidate with Extended Learning Classes at Moreno Valley College
Are you looking to gain professional expertise to grow your business or expand your career opportunities? The Extended Learning programs at Moreno Valley College, Norco College and Riverside City College offer non-credit, tuition-free courses and certificates. Non-credit certificates offered: Business Administration, Computer Applications, Technology, Computer Information Systems, English as a Second Language, Entrepreneurship, Professional Development Studies, Workplace Essentials, and Emerging Leaders. Take a look at the flyer to get started!
"Do I Need a Permit for a Yard or Garage Sale?"
Yard and garage sales are intended to allow residents to sell household or personal items. So a yard or garage or sale may not include new merchandise or other items purchased for resale. Here are some other yard/garage sale guidelines:
  • Permits are not required to hold a yard/garage sale.
  • Each residence may hold a maximum of three sales per year.
  • Yard/garage sales cannot be held continually from weekend to weekend.
  • Yard/garage sale merchandise cannot be displayed or conducted on public property (sidewalks, streets, alleys and parkways).
  • Please practice coronavirus protocols (i.e., masks, distancing, etc.)

MoVal's Code & Neighborhood Services Division maintains a very useful and informative section on the City's website regarding permits, violations, parking and much more.
A Visit to: Fairway Park
At 27891 John F. Kennedy Dr., you'll find beautiful Fairway Park. On just over 5.5 acres, Fairway offers plenty of room for the kids to run and play. Fairway also offers a volleyball court, a multi-use athletic field, playground, barbecues, picnic tables and a picnic shelter, restrooms and security lighting. Beautiful Fairway certainly should go on the "to visit" list! Learn more online about Fairway Park and all of Moreno Valley's beautiful parks!