March 20, 2020 Newsletter   #343

Need help to pay for food?

Most people who have lost work due to COVID 19 can get SNAP benefits (food stamps)

If you live in Pennsylvania:
If you live in New Jersey
If you live in Delaware

Don’t wait!

Do you need health insurance?

Most people who have lost work due to COVID-19 can get medical assistance.
Don’t wait to get the health care you deserve.

If you live in Pennsylvania, go to

If you live in New Jersey, go to:

If you live in Delaware, go to:

You may be able to get Disaster Unemployment Assistance (US Department of Labor)

The Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) program provides temporary benefits to people who, due to a major disaster, lost or had their employment or self-employment interrupted.

Can I get help from the program?

To qualify for DUA you must meet both of the conditions below:
  1. Your job must have been lost or interrupted due to a presidentially declared disaster, and
  2. You must not be eligible for regular unemployment insurance benefits.

After a disaster, your state will publish information about DUA availability. As soon as possible, contact your state’s unemployment agency to file a claim for benefits. You can use the CareerOneStop Unemployment Benefits Finder  to find the state agency you need.

Visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s DUA page to learn more.

No PECO shutoffs until May 1, 2020 or later

PECO is suspending service disconnections and waiving new late payment charges until at least May 1, 2020. PECO will help customers with bill assistance resources and energy assistance programs to help them through times of no work.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully share with others. We are all working together to get through this crisis. If you would like to help the musicians in our area, please consider a donation by visiting our website at

You may select OTHER , to give any amount not already listed on our page of send a check to the address below.
Jazz Bridge
4220 Main Street
Philadelphia, PA 19127


MUSICIANS, Contact your Representatives NOW!

Please contact your local representative, state senator, senator, and mayor. It is important to advocate for yourself as well as others during these uncertain times!

Here is a link to figure out who your local representative is:

Here is a sample letter to use.

"Harmonizing Art and Life"
The Jazz Bridge Project
4220 Main Street
Philadelphia, PA 19127
Contact us by Phone or Email:
call 215-517-8337
fill out our email form